Main index


Turville Fingest Frieth Fawley Medmenham U.R.C.

Welcome to
St John the Evangelist, Frieth





When visiting...

Things to look for in the church:

The reredos consists of 5 panels of carved oak with brass plaques depicting the symbols of the four Evangelists either side of a central crucifix.

A memorial to the Fallen in both World Wars, in the South aisle.

A memorial on the North wall of the nave to Charles Alfred Cripps,
1st Baron Parmoor, died 1941.

The East window is by Hardman, and is reputed to be from Pugin's design.

The organ was built by Sweetland of Bath in 1907, and restored in 1957

The church was recently re-roofed. The patterned tiles look especially attractive when there is a heavy frost or a light covering of snow.

click here to return to main index page